Thursday, September 6, 2007

Before I Die. . .

I read about people making a list of everything they want to do before they die. I hadn't ever thought about that. I can't say that I ever considered my wants and goals and hopes and dreams in such a way.

I'm not unaware that the clock is ticking, of course. I realize that at some point I will be out of time. But, while I've set personal and professional goals for myself over the years, I've never considered how I would feel if, when my end came, I wasn't able to put a check mark beside each of them.

I think, somewhere along the line, I shrugged and accepted that what is left undone, will remain undone.

Am I right? Or, when all is said and done, if I still have things that will never be checked off, will I feel dissatisfied or unfulfilled . . .

Just in case, maybe I should get started on that list. : - )

Regards,
Karen

No comments: