Thursday, November 15, 2007

Where do you write?

With an active and exuberant family in my house, it's sometimes difficult to get any writing done on weekends. I usually write Monday to Friday, but with a book I need to finish quickly, I require the additional writing time just now of Saturdays and Sundays.

I use the spare bedroom as my office, which happens to be right in the middle of all of the activity. Even a closed door, I've learned, isn't always a deterrent to the more persistent. : - )

So, out of necessity at times, I take my writing to the road - literally.

Some writers thrive on the busy atmosphere of coffee shops. Others I know listen to music, or have television or a movie playing in the background, I write in silence. The tap tap of the computer keys as I strike them is all the sound I want. For me, that tapping is a symphony or a rock song, depending on my mood. : - )

I recently discovered a great place to write that can be as quiet or loud as I prefer - my car.

Now, when the weekend comes around, and things get a little too hectic at home for writing, I take my laptop out to my car and let the words flow . . . : - )

Where do you write? : - )

Regards,
Karen

No comments: