Friday, August 24, 2007

EXPRESSIONS (Originally posted to the Five Star Authors' Blog)

Has anyone heard the expression, laid like broccoli? I heard it again today. It got me thinking of other expressions that we use and how we all have our pet phrases.

Some are unique to only us. Some we've adopted because they suit our personalities. Some we've adapted to the people in our stories as one means of rounding out their characters and making them more "human".


Today, while I'm out running errands, I'm going to listen for pet phrases from the people I speak with, and in the conversations going on around me. I may hear something that will suit one my characters.


If you have any expressions that you'd like to share, post a comment or send me an e-mail at: karen@karenfenech.com


Regards,
Karen

No comments: