Friday, August 24, 2007

If today is Tuesday this must be . . .

Yes, I realize that it isn't really Tuesday today. Yes, I understand that you're likely wondering why I called this blog entry "Tuesday" when clearly today is Wednesday - ah - Thursday, I mean. Oh, boy - allow me to explain.

My book tour for Betrayal is underway. Readers have been so great in coming out to my events. It's been so wonderful being able to meet the very people I write books for. In an effort to meet as many people as I possibly can, I've extended my tour over three months.

I planned carefully to fit in as many events as I could. Well, one opportunity came up, last minute. It was an afternoon "meet and greet". A chance to meet more wonderful people, I was thrilled! It happened that I was going to be in that city later the same day for another event. The timing was such that I could attend both. Simple, right? What could possibly go wrong?


I went to the later event first.


I don't know how I did that. I don't know how I confused the two, but that's what I did. As things go, the meet and greet that I was supposed to be at was across town from where I was. I am a stickler for arriving early to my destinations and on this occasion that habit served me well. That - along with the lovely people who came out to the event, and the staff organizing the meet and greet who kindly said they would wait for me to get there when I called and explained that I'd gone to the wrong place.


Luckily when I did arrive, I was only a couple of minutes late. This Saturday, July 28th, at 2 p.m., I'll be at Chapters Bookstore in Ajax, Ontario, Canada. If you're in the area, please do stop by. I'd love to meet you.


Regards,
Karen

No comments: