Friday, August 24, 2007

FINDING TIME TO WRITE REVISITED (Originally posted to the Five Star Authors' Blog)

A few years ago, I wrote an article called "Finding Time To Write When You Have No Time". It was published in a writers' journal, then reprinted in e-zine AbsoluteWrite where it is currently archived.


The subject of finding time to write strikes a chord with a lot of us who are struggling to fit one more activity into our crowded lives. Some suggest that writing, or not writing, is a matter of priority, claiming that we always manage to find time to do the things we want to do most.


That's true in some instances, but I don't believe it's true in all cases. It isn't always simply a matter of deciding to do it. If it were, I believe a lot more people would be pursuing their dream. It isn't the will that may be lacking, but the way.


My life isn't in the same place that it was when I wrote that article, of course. I'm not struggling with the same demands on my time that I was then. Instead, I now have a new slew of demands clamoring for my attention. :-) I'm sure it's no different for you. As a result of these new demands, however, I'm re-examining how I spend my days, looking to carve time to write.

It's an on-going battle. One that I'm winning. So far. :-)

Regards,
Karen

No comments: