Friday, August 24, 2007

WHEN ANOTHER PROJECT BECKONS (Originally posted to The Five Star Authors' Blog)

Have you ever been deep in a writing project when another project beckons? This has happened to me in the past, and usually I'm able to stall the project by writing down a brief summary of the story that came to me and promising it (myself) that I'd get to it next. Well, it's happened to me again and this time the story won't stay quietly in the background while I complete my current work(s)-in-progress.

The new story idea is a sequel for my upcoming release BETRAYAL (coming November 15th). I really enjoyed writing BETRAYAL and very reluctantly said good bye to the characters on the last page of the novel. It was time to let them go, I know, but it was hard for me. I suppose it's natural after enjoying writing that book so much that I'd want to re-visit the place and the people with another story.

I have other works to complete, however, before I can get to the sequel, so the idea will need to simmer on hold for the time being. For now, I'll content myself with adding more pages to my notes on that project. By the thickness of my folder so far, I'm going to have a book made up of just notes before I ever get around to writing this story! But that's a good problem to have.

I hope your own projects, writing or other, are going well.


Regards,
Karen

No comments: